Friday, April 15, 2005

The Elusive MIR

As an Ice Cream afficianado, I am not partial to Cold Stone Creamery. The ic is too sticky, though I will concede that it is probably on purpose as it allows them to knead the cream to add the coveted mix-ins.

Everytime I go in, I opt for the smaller size and they attempt to upsell me to the larger. "Would you like to get 50% more for just 50 cents," they proclaim. This is all good except for the MIR.

Yes, the MIR. The Mix-In Ratio. The ratio of Mix-In's to Ice cream. Since the entire concept of the Cold Stone Creamery, Marbleslab Creamery, Cold Rock Creamery what have you, revolves around the Mix-In, I would think more attention would be paid to the MIR.

Since the Ice Cream itself is sub par (too much emmulsifier not enough butterfat), the MIR is the sole reason to come in. When I respond "yes" to the upsell, I expect the MIR to remain constant, but in fact, it goes down.

I now have 50% more cream to the same amount of whatever I asked to blend in. Thus, in order to maintain a constant MIR, I also need to purchase an upgrade on the Mix-In. Now I am standing square at a buck for the entire upsell, and I could have bought 2 pints of creamy, un-mix-in-adulturated Hagen Daaz. Mmm... Coffee Hagen Daaz. Now THERE is an IC to be prod of.

blast.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates

Arizona has no affiliation with the state of the same name, nor does he reflect the views and opinions of any officials or public in said state. Arizona's views are strictly his own and do not reflect those of his friends, family, employer, or furry woodland creatures known to live near his home. Comments and requests for information should be directed to Arizona Audio Works.