Thursday, April 14, 2005

Wheat What?!?

I pack a lunch everyday for work. Brown bag. And, truth be told, it has not varied very much since grammer school. I may get a Pepsi instead of Capri Sun these days but other than that, basically the same.

I have made an attempt to cut out trans fats however. That means anything Hostess has been dropped in favor of something far less tasty.

And now, with 3 kids at home, my lunchs tend towards the juvenille. Fruit leather, celery, Goldfish or other cracker... In our attempt to purge the trans fats, we've even evaluated our kiddie cracker choices. Wheat Thins seem to be on the cutting edge of the revolt against trans fats so that was the carb content of my lunch today.

Which brings me to my point, and I'll be brief here. The Wheat Thins box reads "0g Trans Fat" and just below it "Even Better Taste". So...why the trans fats in the first place?

Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates

Arizona has no affiliation with the state of the same name, nor does he reflect the views and opinions of any officials or public in said state. Arizona's views are strictly his own and do not reflect those of his friends, family, employer, or furry woodland creatures known to live near his home. Comments and requests for information should be directed to Arizona Audio Works.