Thursday, May 12, 2005

Falling on Deaf Ears

I am not following American Idol this season. After the auditions, I lose interest. Even if the singers are stellar, they are solo artists and I'm more of a group or songwriter kind of guy. I have clicked through on the Fox News headlines to see who got voted off for some reason. I don't know who these people are or how they sounded. I've never bought and doubt that I will, an American Idol album of any flavor. However, this from the Fox News article on the latest dismissal--



Does this strike anyone else as funny? Bizarre? Stupid? Not to be insensitive but there are certain things that certain people shouldn't and cant do. A blind person should not referee sports. Even tee-ball. I'm sorry, its just not the way things work. They say you can do anything if you put your mind to it...well, sorry, not this.

Along those same lines, the deaf or hearing impaired have no say in a singing contest. Its just not how it works. Its just not.

blast.

Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates

Arizona has no affiliation with the state of the same name, nor does he reflect the views and opinions of any officials or public in said state. Arizona's views are strictly his own and do not reflect those of his friends, family, employer, or furry woodland creatures known to live near his home. Comments and requests for information should be directed to Arizona Audio Works.