Wednesday, October 05, 2005

The Great Gum Gamboozle

First things first... I know Gamboozle is not a word. But for the sake of corny alliteration, just go with me.. Thanks.

Somewhere in the last few years, gum makers around the world have utterly hoodwinked us. And I, for one, am not happy about it.

I used to buy packs of gum for like $.50 and it came with like, a ton, of sticks. But now, I pay like $1.29 and only get 12 pieces. 12 crunchy little chiclets. The same chiclets, mind you, that kids try to sell you on the streets of Tijuana for a nickel. Somehow, they switched the packaging, gave us less gum, and made us believe that a bigger, thinner package is better than a small but fat package.

While I'm on the topic...

I used to go to a grocery store that posted a signs that said something like "Unloading your own groceries helps us keep our costs down, costs that we pass on to you." Fine. I went with it. No biggie. I like saving money.

But somehow along the line, ALL stores make us unload our own groceries now.

You give them an inch...

An inch!

Be sure to check out my other blog: anoallasso.blogspot.com. It's a bit more serious but the message is good. Or so I think.

And that's what blogs are all about right?

Powered for Blogger by Blogger Templates

Arizona has no affiliation with the state of the same name, nor does he reflect the views and opinions of any officials or public in said state. Arizona's views are strictly his own and do not reflect those of his friends, family, employer, or furry woodland creatures known to live near his home. Comments and requests for information should be directed to Arizona Audio Works.